At the completion of this TA Workshop, participants will be able
- Define the context and purpose of the Needs Assessment in the
Title V MCH Program.
- Clearly articulate the critical phases of the Needs Assessment
- Cite the main sources of data and information for assessing needs
and local/state capacity to meet those needs.
- Discuss the role of primary stakeholders in the needs assessment
process, particularly in the setting of the State Priorities process.
- Describe the process of utilizing State Priorities established
to design and implement solution strategies.
- Describe the relationship between the criteria for a well-written
performance measure and the stages of performance measure development.
- Discuss the development of the required State Priorities and State
Performance Measures within the context of their major determinants,
i.e., political, social, economic, and cultural.